Lansing Michigan DUI Lawyer
Plan on going out for a night of drinking? Here are some valuable tips to keep in mind:
- Have a designated driver
- Have the phone number of someone who can bail you out or come get your car
- Keep your car free of any alcoholic beverages or containers, whether opened or unopened, new or used
- Keep your car clear of any contraband, (drugs, paraphernalia) which will only lead to more charges
- Have enough for bail money; $300 is usually sufficient in most jurisdictions. It’s also a good idea to have some credit or debit cards
- Eye Drops– A long, hard day or a night filled in smoky bar rooms that can leave your eyes red or looking bloodshot which can be considered a sign of intoxication. A little Visine can go a long way
- Keep your breath fresh. Neutralize or diminish the odor of alcohol by using gum, mints, or mouth wash
- Have the phone number of a DUI lawyer handy
- Don’t make any incriminating statements, like admit to drinking or state how much you’ve had to drink. Remember, nobody has to talk to the police.
- Under no circumstances attempt any field sobriety tests or a prelminary breath test by the roadside.
The most important thing is to drink responsibility. If you don’t have a designated driver, call a cab or a friend to come and get you. Many areas have services that provide designated drivers at little or no cost.
If you are facing an OWI, contact our Michigan OWI lawyer today at Austin Legal Services, PLC at (517) 614-1983.
Defending OWI charges throughout Michigan in the counties of Ingham, Eaton, Clinton, Shiawassee, Lenawee, Jackson, Barry, Livingston, Kent, Washtenaw in the cities of Lansing, East Lansing, Mason, Holt, Okemos, Delta Township, Lansing Township, Jackson, Bath, St. Johns, Jackson, Hastings, Howell, Brighton, Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, Corunna.